TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Odd A/C pod and simultaneous loss of speaker sound problem
People Seeking Info

Subject Odd A/C pod and simultaneous loss of speaker sound problem

Posted by doug8867 on May 29, 2024 at 8:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 98 times.

Message Need help with a very odd electrical problem.

I was driving home from work with A/C and radio on when suddenly I lost the sound from the radio AND the A/C blower shut off along with the temperature display on the Climate control pod. It just went blank. However, the lights on the radio still stayed illuminated and I was able to adjust volume, change source, and turn off and on but no sound came out. I was also able to turn the front and rear windshield wipers on which are on the same pod as the Auto A/C controls so I know power was getting to the pod and the radio.

Then just as suddenly as both items went out they came back on after maybe a minute. Then it proceeded to go in and out randomly like this, on smooth road, for the next several miles until I arrived home.

These symptoms seem like the classic case of a loose connection somewhere but does anyone know what relay, fuse, etc. would have both the Speaker Amp AND the display portion of the A/C control pod on the same circuit??

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.